Vinnies Royal Park is a FUN, VIBRANT retail shop with a WELCOMING team of volunteers, We are looking for new members to join this friendly team.
Vinnies shop volunteers do a variety of work. This will be a predominantly back of house role. Normal tasks include:
- Stock preparation – sorting, cleaning, steaming and pricing.
- Re-stocking shop floor – displaying and merchandising.
- Store housekeeping – tidying, dusting, and cleaning.
- Providing helpful and courteous customer service – greeting people and answering queries.
- Processing sales – using a simple computer register, EFTPOS/credit card facilities and cash handling.
- General shop duties.
Vinnies shops need people with a genuine DESIRE to HELP others. The skills we look for are:
- A desire and ability to LEARN.
- A willingness to FOLLOW policies, procedures and instructions.
- The ability to work well in a TEAM environment.
- A FRIENDLY and compassionate personality.
You need an ability to listen and respond with courtesy, to maintain confidences and respect the privacy of those we encounter; and be sensitive to the values of people of other faiths, cultures and lifestyles. You must also be willing to follow Vinnies’ policies and procedures, undertake any training required, and undergo a National Police Check (at no cost to you as a volunteer).
Masks are required to be worn unless a medical exemption can be provided.
Minimum age is 15 years.