The Tutoring Program aims to support the needs of students from low socio economic backgrounds who are unable to access private tuition and support in the East Geelong region.
Tutor Program Tasks: Be available to attend the program during the times indicated, assist with supervision of students, including during breaks and also assist with set up, pack up and maintenance of resources and equipment. Maintain a written record of student goals and activities in Student Journals.
- provide tutoring for individuals or small groups of 2 - 4 students,
- assist with assessment and review tasks as directed,
- attend and actively participate in session debriefings, tutor training, interviews and surveys,
- report any concerns, whether they arise from other Volunteers, students or their families, to the Coordinator or other nominated Concerns Officer,
- be aware of and act to promote the safety and wellbeing of young people and notify the Coordinator of any instances in which a child may need support, assistance or protection in order to ensure their safety and wellbeing.