- Location: Melbourne VIC
- Category: Community Services
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Food Preparation & Service
- Safety & Emergency Services
- People Learning English
- Skilled Volunteers
- Travelling Volunteers
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The Salvation Army Melbourne operates a supermarket style service where Melbourne’s most disadvantaged can receive essential pantry and personal items and clothes for themselves and their families. The Marketplace offers a wide selection of food and other necessities to those who need them most, as well as an opportunity for staff and trained volunteers to chat with clients about deeper needs that the person may be currently experiencing. The Marketplace operates from 9am to 1pm, Monday-Friday.
Role: We are looking for friendly and welcoming volunteers to assist in the marketplace, working at reception, greeting people upon arrival, at the supermarket checkout and with stocking shelves.