- Location: Glebe NSW
- Category: Indigenous Australians
Type of work
- Education & Training
- Fundraising & Events
- Library Services
- Research, Policy, & Analysis
- Tour Guides, Information, & Heritage
- Centrelink Volunteers
- People with disability
- Wheelchair Access
- Work Experience
Regular - more than 6 months
A minimum of 3 hours per week with a minimum commitment of 3 months requested. One day per week for three hours minimum (9 am -12 pm or 1- 4 pm).
You will be provided with an induction and orientation to the workplace and Tranby, where the position will be based, including a detailed Workplace, Health & Safety briefing.
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
• Understanding of culturally and linguistically diverse communities
• Be self-directed, willing to take initiative, and detail-oriented
• Prior research experience
• A strong ability to edit and a critical eye for detail
• Committed to maintaining confidentiality of any sensitive material you may encounter
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Working with Children check & References
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
This is a voluntary position.
Tranby’s archives hold one of the biggest collections of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander records outside the State Library. The Tranby Archives preserve and provide access to the permanent records of Tranby. These are authentic records that document and illustrate the life and times of Tranby, its students, staff, activities and governance. The collection reflects the working life, achievements and celebrations of Tranby and Indigenous recent history since the 1950s.
The volunteer History Guide will research the vast history of Tranby, working alongside the Archiving Team to establish a timeline of important and historic events.
History guides will offer tours of Tranby, incorporating the rich history of Tranby and Indigenous history since its establishment in 1958 promoting Tranby to our many visitors during and beyond our 60th Birthday year.
• Researching archive collections
• Producing a timeline of historic Tranby events
• Design of a short Tranby tour, incorporating the Tranby timeline
• Organising and undertaking organised tours of the campus