- Location: Sydney NSW
- Category: Environment & Conservation
- Wheelchair Access
Regional Rep - minimum 8 hours per month. General volunteers - flexible, expect 2 hours per month.
Training is provided
- Working with Children Check *
Regional Reps and volunteers giving school presentations are required to do a working with children check.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Approved costs are reimbursed
Are you interested in joining a community of like-minded people to help save orangutans? It is easy to join one of The Orangutan Project’s volunteer teams across Australia. You’ll meet lots of great people and make a real difference to help orangutans and the forest communities who share the orangutans’ home. Best of all, 100 per cent of the donations you collect will go directly to supporting orangutan conservation projects!
The Orangutan Project highly values our wonderful volunteers and the enormous contribution they make. Our volunteers help to raise much needed funds and awareness about the urgency for the conservation of critically-endangered orangutans and their forests.
Our volunteers come from all sorts of backgrounds and bring diverse experience and skills to the cause. As a volunteer, there are lots of things that you can do to make a difference. You can choose what you do and how much time you contribute. A few options include:
• set up and lead a team in your area;
• join an existing team and help at stalls;
• collect donation boxes from shops;
• sell fundraising chocolates;
• manage merchandise; or
• help arrange an event, like a trivia night.
We are currently recruiting for a local Regional Representative for Inner Sydney. If you enjoy organising events, coordinating teams and managing fundraising, this could be the perfect volunteer role for you! With lots of support from the TOP team and your volunteers, you'll make a real difference to our work.
Why volunteer with the Orangutan Project?
• feel personal satisfaction knowing that you have contributed to saving orangutans from extinction and helped forest communities;
• be part of a great team, have fun and meet lots of people while actively engaging in your community; and
• you will develop skills and experiences that will increase your employability.