- Location: Geelong VIC
- Category: Community Services
Type of work
- Safety & Emergency Services
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Groups of 10 or more
- People Learning English
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Travelling Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
Regular - more than 6 months
By appointment: please complete an expression of interest and Red Cross will be in touch.
People must be aged between 16-70 years of age.
- healthy and well, not suffering from a cold, flu or other illness at the time of the donation
- weigh more than 50kg
- drink up in the 24 hours before donation, especially in warm weather
- eat sometime in the 3 hours before donating
- bring ID, at least one form of ID for photo identification.
Become a Blood Donor.
A Blood donation is the act of giving to help ensure the Australian Red Cross Blood Service collects the 26,000 donations needed each week to help people with cancer, those needing surgery, burns victims, premature babies and mums-to-be.
As blood has a short shelf life, regular blood donations are needed to meet the everyday care of people around Australia.
If you are interested in getting your workplace, sporting club, school or community group involved in blood donation, please complete the Expression of Interest.
In many ways, the Australian Red Cross Blood Service is a reflection of many of the best qualities of Australia and Australians. The Blood Service is remarkable in that its very existence depends on the continued support of more than 520,000 generous Australians who give their time and their blood as a gift or donation.