About this opportunity
1) In consultation with the Home & Community Support Team, provide community transport bus services for older people who are eligible from their home to community activities, programs and events;
2)Assist clients as required during outings, activities or programs and at all times provide courteous, professional client service;
3) Monitor the safety of clients at all times including ensuring seat belts of all passengers and any wheelchairs are secure;
4) Report any emergencies, safety or client well-being concerns to the JCS Home & Community Support Team;
5) Ensure a good working relationship with JCS and MCCSA staff and volunteers;
6) Ensure that the vehicles are kept clean and tidy at all times and that fuel levels are maintained;
7) Report any vehicle and maintenance issues in a timely manner; and
8) Keep relevant logs and statistics of vehicles to ensure record keeping compliance.
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *.
Please Note: As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance)
One to Two days per month (6-12 hours per month)Interested in
- Driving and Transportation
Mileage travelled to collect and return community bus. Lunch