- Location: Melbourne VIC
- Category: Recreation
Type of work
- Administration & Office Management
- Fundraising & Events
- Governance, Boards, & Committees
- Marketing, Media, & Communications
- Research, Policy, & Analysis
- Writing & Editing
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- People with disability
- Work Experience & Internships
Approximately 10 hours per month.
The committee may consider specific training packages on request.
WIA Member, access to a computer and the internet.
(for insurance purposes volunteers must be members of the WIA)
Applications are currently open for five members to join the newly formed WIA Strategy Committee. The Committee has been formed to:
• Develop and recommend strategic goals of the WIA.
• Provide advice that will strengthen the WIA’s core competencies.
• Identify investment opportunities and decision-making procedures that will enhance the benefit and quality of significant WIA investment decisions.
At a detailed level the role of the Strategy Committee, and its members, is to:
• Recommend the formal structure of the organisations committees, including Terms of Reference
• Study and give advice on strategy for the long-term development of the WIA
• Study and give advice on what product-markets the WIA should pursue
• Study and give advice on significant WIA investment and financing plans
• Study and give advice on significant decisions on production and operational issues
• Study and give advice on other significant matters that can affect the development of the WIA.
This role is best suited to individuals who are highly-motivated with an ability to think long-term and strategically. Someone who is consultative and pragmatic.
Applicants with an education or significant experience in the field of Business and/or Marketing will do well in the committee.
This is a role that has a flexible location. Work is typically conducted via email and internet based collaboration systems with little need to travel or attend meetings in person.