About this opportunity
Applications are currently open for five members to join the newly formed WIA Strategy Committee. The Committee has been formed to:
• Develop and recommend strategic goals of the WIA.
• Provide advice that will strengthen the WIA’s core competencies.
• Identify investment opportunities and decision-making procedures that will enhance the benefit and quality of significant WIA investment decisions.
At a detailed level the role of the Strategy Committee, and its members, is to:
• Recommend the formal structure of the organisations committees, including Terms of Reference
• Study and give advice on strategy for the long-term development of the WIA
• Study and give advice on what product-markets the WIA should pursue
• Study and give advice on significant WIA investment and financing plans
• Study and give advice on significant decisions on production and operational issues
• Study and give advice on other significant matters that can affect the development of the WIA.
This role is best suited to individuals who are highly-motivated with an ability to think long-term and strategically. Someone who is consultative and pragmatic.
Applicants with an education or significant experience in the field of Business and/or Marketing will do well in the committee.
This is a role that has a flexible location. Work is typically conducted via email and internet based collaboration systems with little need to travel or attend meetings in person.
WIA Member, access to a computer and the internet.
(for insurance purposes volunteers must be members of the WIA)
Approximately 10 hours per month.Good for
- Virtual Volunteering
- Volunteers with a disability
- Work Experience
- Administration, Office Management
- Fundraising and Events
- Governance, Board, Committee
- Marketing, Media, Communications
- Research, Policy and Analysis
- Writing and Editing
The committee may consider specific training packages on request.