About this opportunity
Provide leadership and management of National Inward QSL Bureau Service for the WIA. Fulfil international (IARU) obligations, establish national QSL policy and process and prepare education programs.
• Understand the QSL business of the WIA and IARU.
• Understand and undertake the role of the National Inward QSL Manager on behalf of the Board.
• Understand, abide and maintain the WIA QSL Policy and make recommendations to the board on changes and updates.
• Understand and abide with the WIA Constitution, rules, regulations, standing orders, policies, processes.
• Understand the structures, processes, procedures and documents that establish the WIA organization.
• Understand the relationship and the requirements that being a member of the IARU puts onto the WIA and the QSL Service and follow and implement IARU recommendations.
• Manage and coordinate the WIA National QSL Bureau and provide assistance to State and Territory Bureaux.
• Gather and maintain QSL statistics.
• Provide an annual report to the WIA Board on QSL operations at the WIA AGM and to the WIA Board as required.
Administrative, Educative & Communication:
• Keeping relevant stakeholders informed of the QSL activities.
• Maintain and distribute the WIA QSL Guidelines and make recommendations to the board on changes and updates.
• Develop and deliver QSL education aligned with the WIA QSL Guidelines for a range of audiences including the State & Territory Bureaux and Members of the WIA.
The Manager resides in VK3 (Victoria) and able to visit the WIA National Office in Bayswater on a regular basis.
WIA Member, access to a computer and the internet.
(for insurance purposes volunteers must be members of the WIA)
Four to Five hours per weekGood for
- Work Experience
- Administration, Office Management
- Governance, Board, Committee
- Library Services
- Research, Policy and Analysis
On the job training will be provided with access to subject matter experts.