About this opportunity
Amateur Radio (AR) is the WIA's monthly magazine that is made available to approximately 4,000 members nationally. The WIA also manages media presences on social media, its website, events around the country and its national radio news broadcast.
This is a consultative and relationship-focused role, reporting to the WIA Communication Committee leader and being a member of the Publications Committee.
The ideal candidate would be a marketing manager or salesperson with experience in print and media sales. The role is focused on prospecting, cold calling, presenting, negotiating, selling advertising space with new AR clients as well as maintaining the relationships with existing advertisers. The successful candidate will manage advertisement bookings, ensure the supply of appropriate artwork to the WIA’s magazine production company, provide invoicing details to the WIA National Office, and follow up client payments as required.
The ideal candidate would possess:
• 5+ years' sales experience.
• Ideally having worked in the print and media sales industry (past or present) or have had experience working for a company where the role and responsibilities included marketing and advertising.
• A good track record of securing new business and achieving sales targets.
Outstanding business acumen.
• Excellent presentation and communication (both written and verbal).
This is a role that has a flexible location. Work is typically conducted via email, telephone and internet based collaboration systems.
WIA Member, access to a computer, telephone and the internet.
(for insurance purposes volunteers must be members of the WIA)
3 to 4 hours per weekGood for
- Virtual Volunteering
- Volunteers with a disability
- Work Experience
- Administration, Office Management
- Fundraising and Events
- Governance, Board, Committee
- IT and Web Development
- Marketing, Media, Communications
- Retail and Sales
Ongoing support from staff and members of the WIA's Committees.