- Location: Hobart TAS
- Category: Disability Services
Type of work
- Driving & Transportation
- Fundraising & Events
- Working with Animals
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
Regular - more than 6 months
No more than 2-4 hours per week, in one shift.
Induction and training appropriate to the designated task or tasks assigned to them. They will also
- Driver's Licence (C)
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
Please Note: As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the level of coverage for volunteers due to various restrictions to ensure they are covered for the roles they will be undertaking.
The details of tasks associated with this role are discussed in person, however the basic requirements include:
- Driver’s license
- Good presentation
- Reasonable level of health and fitness
- Reasonable level of initiative and autonomy
- Ability to be flexible with time (within reason, of course)
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Coffee and tea are provided.
Based at either our Launceston or Hobart office, you could be doing a range of tasks from week to week, or month to month. Whether it’s:
- hitting the road and collecting and replacing our iconic collection dogs,
- holding a merchandise stall outside a supermarket,
- organising a fundraising activity, or
- preparing items or packs for activities,
There’s always a task to do that will help our efforts to train more Guide Dogs in Tasmania, for Tasmanians.
If you love meeting new people and are passionate about helping others, this could be the role for you. We’re keen to help you realise your own fundraising ideas, too. We don’t profess to know everything and want to support volunteers with ideas that fit within our brand, our values and our resources.
Get in touch to find out more. This could be just what you’re looking for.