- Location: Warrnambool VIC
- Category: Education & Training
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Education & Training
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Work Experience & Internships
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
3.15pm - 5.00pm Tuesdays during school terms
Introduction to tutoring and on-going support
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
Excellent communication skills; acceptable level of literacy and numeracy; respectful, empathetic and non-judgemental attitude; work well in a team, punctual, reliable. Over 16 years with parental permission if under 18. Police check will be undertaken, reference checks will be required and WWCC is mandatory.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
If you are keen to see improvement in young people, and want to make a difference to their social and academic development, this is the role for you! We are seeking tutors over the age of 16 with good literacy and numeracy skills to work with students in middle to upper primary school one afternoon a week during school terms. You will be working in a 1:1 or 1:2 student ratio situation assisting with homework tasks while providing a positive role model for children at risk of disengaging. This is an ideal role for DUKE OF ED participants, COMMUNITY SERVICE students, STUDENT TEACHERS, RETIRED teachers, and CENTRELINK clients. Minimum tutor age is16 years with parental permission if under 18.