- Location: Malvern VIC
- Category: Other
Type of work
- Retail & Sales
- Centrelink Volunteers
- People Learning English
- People with disability
- Travelling Volunteers
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
Regular - less than 6 months
Flexible and to be mutually agreed upon. Opening Hours: Monday – Friday: 9am to 6pm Saturday: 9am to 5pm Sunday: 10am-4pm
In-store orientation and training provided. No experience required.
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Tea, coffee and water provided.
Vinnies Malvern is seeking new volunteers who will enjoy providing back of house support to our much-loved shop!
There are many aspects of the shop for you to get involved in including:
• Assisting a team in categorising and pricing donated treasures received from the public
• Preparing stock ready for display
• Managing donations cages to ensure continuous stock rotation and shop safety
You will be:
• A friendly and positive team member
• A master de-clutterer… or simply someone who wants to experience the Retail environment!
• An excellent communicator with a 'can-do' attitude
We offer an opportunity to:
• Be part of a strong team that makes a significant impact on local communities
• Learn the retail ‘tricks of the trade’ in a respected national not-for-profit organisation
• Build lifelong friendships
A little about Vinnies…
As one of the most recognised charitable organisations, St Vincent de Paul Society has been offering a ‘hand up’ to Victorians in need for over 160 years. We operate over 100 stores commonly called ‘Vinnies’ that raise funds for those who are vulnerable. Raised funds are directed back into local communities through the provision of practical support, advocacy and friendship.
St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria is proactive in supporting child safety.