About this opportunity
The Woy Woy Interview Referral (IR) Room facilitates the work of local Conferences by providing administrative supports and a space for volunteers to engage and assist individuals identified as at risk. The IR Room is the front door of the St Vincent de Paul Society for families and persons seeking assistance.
We are seeking volunteers to provide a friendly and professional service to clients who seek assistance in our IR Rooms, either face to face or by telephone. You will be guided by the Society’s policies and guidelines. Your volunteer engagement will see you assist people through duties including; appropriately identify client needs and offering necessary support including referrals to other services.
• Welcoming clients in a way that builds their confidence in themselves and the service
• Actively listening to clients to ascertain their needs
• Providing appropriate assistance where necessary
• Referring clients to appropriate counsellor / social worker / agency when required
• Maintaining relevant records
• Effectively working with others including seeking assistance in decision-making when required
• Maintaining clients confidentiality and privacy
• Entering client details into our GKO system
What we need from you:
• A willingness to be trained, receive direction and feedback from supervisors
• Ability to volunteer as part of a team and contribute to the working environment in a positive, supportive and co-¬operative manner
• Follow the Society’s policies and procedures
• Sensitivity to different political / cultural / ethnic backgrounds and a respect for multiculturalism
• Administration skills
• Good listening skills and empathy
• Understanding and willingness to maintain Self-Care
What we will provide:
• Service orientation and role induction are provided when you start volunteering with us
• Relevant training as determined by the volunteering position
People wishing to volunteer are required to complete the following:
• Volunteer application form
• Good character declaration
• Code of conduct agreement
• Police check
• Working With Children’s Check
• 2 satisfactory references
What you will gain:
• Community engagement in a program where your volunteering time will be appreciated
• Utilising your skills to help people who are disadvantaged
• Opportunity to acquire new skills and obtain a professional volunteering reference
This is a volunteer role with the St Vincent de Paul Society. We appreciate your time and want to ensure you get the most out of your volunteering experience. We strive to provide training and meaningful engagement of your time, but in line with current legislation we acknowledged that either party can walk away from this volunteering opportunity at any time. We ask that if you are unable to assist at a designated time or have other commitments that you notify the Regional Administration Assistant in your area with a day’s notice.
This role is open ended; however we are seeking volunteers who can offer at least three months commitment.
National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
We ask for a minimum commitment of 3.5 hours a day, once a week.Interested in
- Administration, Office Management
- Companionship and Social Support