About this opportunity
This Opportunity - Safe Hands Adult Program - Child Care Support
The purpose of this volunteer opportunity is to provide child care to support parents who have committed to participating in this great program run by The Benevolent Society. This enables parents who would otherwise not be able to attend, due to no close family or friends available to care for their children, to attend. Volunteers will be playing a vital role in supporting healthy parenting education which in turn supports the children.
Dates & Times Required
Ideally volunteers can attend all of the below dates. However,if you find you are available most dates please still feel free to express your interest.
• 7 consecutive mornings 9am to 1pm
• Commencing: Wednesday, 18th October, 2017 - Finishing: Wednesday, 29th November, 2017
• Dates- Wed 18th & 25th October, 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th November 2017
What you bring
• Your professional child care experience and or qualification working with toddlers and pre-school age children. This can be experienced nanny's, at home child care, child care workers or pre-school teachers.
• Ability to plan & lead relevant activities e.g. craft, drawing, stories, blocks for the children
• A genuine joy of working with children
• A willingness to work with staff and other volunteers to create a safe and fun environment for the children attending the child care group.
• Great grasp of spoken English
What we bring
• A great team of highly skilled and passionate people in the Child & Family Team
• Orientation training provided
• Credible work experience opportunity in a not for profit and community support environment if sought
• Contribute to supporting families make a positive change
• Feel great and make a difference!!
Call Kerrie-Jane on 02 8314 9420 or use the Express Interest Button and please ensure you detail in your response your relevant experience and why you are attracted to this opportunity. Look out for the reply email for more instructions. We look forward to hearing from you!
National Police Certificate *. Others . Working with Children Check *.
In addition, a CV or work experience history, 2 referees a face to face meeting are required. Along with signed Volunteer Agreement, Code of Conduct & Confidentiality Deed are also required and provided when registering as a volunteer.
As detailed here. 9am - 1pm for 7 consecutive Wednesdays from 18 Oct to 29 Nov 2017Good for
- Centrelink Approved
- Skilled Volunteer
- Travelling/short term volunteers
- Volunteers with limited English
- Work Experience
Provided in a brief beforehand and on the first few days. Ongoing support and feedback opportunities.Reimbursement
Any pre-approved expenses will be reimbursed