About this opportunity
The Volunteer Stock Hans position is located at our West Ryde Op Shop. This position includes sorting & processing incoming donations, pricing goods & preparing them for display in the store. As part of our volunteer team, you will be trained in all the general daily store operations to give you variety in your role & to ensure a 'team work' environment is always a focus. Our volunteers contribute to creating a welcoming shopping environment and are part of a happy team of volunteers.
You will make an impact by:
• Sorting donations, quality control, preparing goods for sale
• Attaching swing tags & Pricing items in alignment with State pricing guidelines
• Ensuring stock room and surrounding areas are kept neat, secure and orderly at all times.
• Maintain Visual merchandising and housekeeping standards in line with guidelines
• Separating goods for recycling purposes
• Providing a high level of friendly customer service
Our ideal candidate will be:
• Physically able to volunteer & lift up to 15kg
• Punctual, reliable and honest
• Able to work as part of a team, as well as independently
• Able to create a fun, friendly environment for both your fellow volunteers and customers
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
To create a welcoming environment for our customers, all volunteer team members are committed to providing great customer service and participate in general housekeeping of our store.
Reporting to: Shop Supervisor
• Induction & orientation on your first day
• Ongoing Training as required
STORE OPENING HOURS:
Mon-Sat: 9:00 - 4.30
Sun: 10:00 - 4:00
CONFIRMED VOLUNTEERS WILL BE REQUIRED TO:
• Give permission for Save the Children to undertake a National Police Record Check and provide 100 points of identification
• Read and accept the Save the Children Code of Conduct and Child Protection Policy
National Police Certificate *.
Able to work 1-3 days per week Either full day (7.5 hrs) or half day (4-5 hrs)Good for
- Centrelink Approved
- Work Experience
- Fundraising and Events
- Retail and Sales
- Trades and Maintenance
• Induction, essential • Orientation, essential • Training, as requiredReimbursement