- Location: Christies Beach SA
- Category: Seniors & Aged Care
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Seniors & Aged Care
Minimum of one hour per fortnight Time to be arranged - usually during working hours, any day
One to one induction, plus ongoing, varied training provided
- National Police Certificate *
Undergoing a Police check is mandatory.
Other useful skills are good listening and communication skills, being empathetic and non-judgemental
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Older, frail people living in Aged Care Facilities can experience social isolation and one to one social visits offering friendship & chats or sharing a common interest, can make a real difference.
Can you spare just an hour a fortnight?
The Community Visitors Scheme is a federal initiative aimed at strengthening links between people living in aged care and their local communities.
A rewarding & valuable volunteer role.