About this opportunity
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (Victoria) has become Australia’s leading animal welfare charity and works to prevent cruelty to animals by actively promoting their care and protection. We have 16 Op Shops state-wide that are operated solely by teams of vital dedicated volunteers. We are looking for dedicated and passionate people to support the day-to-day operations in our Geelong Op shop.
Some tasks include:
• Serving customers in a friendly and helpful manner.
• Receiving, sorting and pricing donated goods.
• Packaging unsuitable goods appropriately, ready for disposal.
• Ironing where applicable.
• Displaying and rotating goods for sale in the store.
• Operating the till and counting shop takings with the Shift Supervisor.
• Ensuring the store is clean, tidy and is not cluttered for the safety of Customers and Volunteers.
National Police Certificate *.
Minimum 3-4 hours a weekGood for
- Centrelink Approved
- Volunteers with a disability
- Volunteers with limited English
- Accounting and Finance
- Administration, Office Management
- Fundraising and Events
- Retail and Sales
- Working with Animals