About this opportunity
Twilight Sports Term 3 (Basketball & European Handball) is a FREE program aimed at encouraging social inclusion and participation for 12-18 year olds in a fun way. The program is designed to engage young people through sport in a safe, supervised environment, while benefiting the Canterbury Bankstown community through:
- Providing positive role models for young people
- Providing young people with access to local youth and support services
- Providing young people with opportunities to participate in a variety of physical team sports
- Providing safe activities for young people out of school hours
- Providing volunteering opportunities and training
- Building self-esteem and resilience in young people.
The program is entirely free and includes dinner, uniforms and transport home each week. It is also a safe outlet where young people are encouraged to participate in life skills workshops in order to become more physically, socially and mentally healthy.
Players and volunteers are encouraged to:
- Enjoy the spirit of the game and not focus on winning
- Use the games to build both players skills and interpersonal relationships
- Give all players an opportunity, regardless of skills and experience.
Do you want to get involved? The program couldn't run without generosity and support of our wonderful community.
Volunteering positions available:
- Team Coach/Manager
- Team Assistant (helping the coach, soccer experience not needed)
- Catering Assistant (food prep & serving)
- General Admin (signing in players and volunteers on arrival/Uniform Allocation)
- Bus Driver
- Bus Assistant (navigator)
- Bus Logistics (scheduling the bus run for players catching the bus home).
Working with Children Check *.
6.30-11.30pm (up to 5 hours)Good for
- Travelling/short term volunteers
- Volunteers with limited English
- Work Experience
- Youth/school volunteers (age 14-18)
- Sport and Physical Activities
Induction on arrival