- Location: Ashcroft NSW
- Category: Community Services
Type of work
- Garden Maintenance
Regular - more than 6 months
Tuesdays, 11am to 2pm
Onsite training and ongoing support provided
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
Must be over 18
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Female Volunteers are needed to support a Women’s Community Garden. This Not For Profit Organisation provides support, group programs, projects, drop in counselling and telephone support to a wide range of women throughout the Liverpool LGA.
Food security is a huge issue and they are keen to involve as many local residents as possible to engage in this project. They understand the importance of having a healthy diet and encourage participants to get their hands dirty and grow their own fruits and vegetables. The women can then use the fruits of their labour to cook up a storm in the Community Kitchen.
Volunteers are needed to assist with the Women’s Community Garden by:
• Ensuring vegetables and plants are watered sufficiently
• Pulling out weeds
• Sweeping and maintaining neatness of the garden
• Using the lawn mower and whipper snipper when necessary
As this Organisation cares specifically for the needs of women and their children and due to the vulnerability of those that may attend, this is a role that would be best suited to women. Volunteers are needed Tuesdays between 11am and 2pm.
If you have a passion for gardening and are keen to use your green thumb to support others, we would love to hear from you!