About this opportunity
1. Opening and Closing the Shed as per the promulgated opening hours
2. Coordinating programs at the Shed that the support the Defence Shed aims and are approved by the Executive Committee
3. Restocking of the drink fridge as required
4. Coordinating the Saturday BBQ Lunch
5. Providing a welcoming environment for members
6. Ensuring a safe environment IAW Safety Management Plan and Relevant Legislation
7. Maintaining a Property Register and accountability of Defence Shed property
8. Maintaining a register of members and visitors attending the Shed via Team App
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
1. Ability to interact and establish rapport with current and ex-serving Defence and Emergency Services personnel.
2. Planning multiple activities.
3. Ability to engage with other organisations as appropriate to link current and ex-serving Defence and Emergency Services personnel with appropriate support services.
4. Ability to engage with stakeholders as required.
Please Note: As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance)
Wednesday and Saturday (with a view to extend to all days)Good for
- Skilled Volunteer
- Volunteers with a disability
- Administration, Office Management
- Governance, Board, Committee