About this opportunity
LGBTIQ – SUPPORT & PROTECTION SERVICES INC. (LGBTIQ S&P Services Inc.) is an independent, not-for-profit (NFP) Incorporated (Inc.) Community Support Organisation that was founded in 2014 and was Incorporated in 2016.
We are a unique organisation as we are not limited to a specific community services sector, therefore, we are in a position to be able to assist the community where it is deemed required and that are in alignment with the capabilities of our team.
We currently have 40 catchments throughout Victoria, South Australia and New South Wales and we are always looking at new areas to grow our organisation further.
We assist other community organisations to provide a suite of confidential and community support services through our Alpha Zulu Program (AZP).
Our clients are people with psychosocial and physical health difficulties and we assist them to better manage the challenges of everyday life in a safe and non-judgemental environment.
Our focus is to provide a personalised, unique and to assist those that are most in need of support, and want to change their own lives.
Our approach utilises the unique perspectives of direct personal life experiences of each of our volunteers; all who have had they're own psychological or physical challenges.
Our volunteers are people from all kinds of backgrounds who have overcome challenges and are now equipped to better support and empathise with the needs of the people who we help.
Direct experience is powerful and real! it is not learnt from a textbook, and we use these experiences to better support, understand and empower those people we may help.
We have ‘walked in the shoes’ of the people we help, we understand the impacts these challenges can have, and we understand what support is actually required.
Organisation Values: Honesty, Loyalty, Trust, Respect, Courage, Integrity & EQUALITY.
The lived experiences of our members & volunteers mean we can offer greater empathy, understanding, advice and a unique personalised service relevant to each client.
We focus on the integrity, passion and commitment of our volunteers to our organisational values whilst delivering a personalised service to our clients, rather than a list of qualifications a volunteer has accumulated on their CV.
We CARE because we have been there ourselves and want to help!
We are currently looking for passionate individuals, driven to make a difference in the community we serve with skills & experience • Delivery of services to LGBTIQ+ clients around support services
• Delivery of health support services
- Assisting clients to attend medical and allied health appointments.
- Providing peer support and basic case management.
- Provide referrals to appropriate services.
Also, if you want to make a difference and believe you can contribute to our organisation in an area not listed above we would love to hear from you!
Fundamental to our success is strong communication and honesty throughout all levels of our organisation. We are an Organisation that works well with great communication and honesty!
The Recruitment Process:
Should you wish to contribute to our NFP Incorporated Community Support Organisation, please request, complete and return the following documents to our leadership team via email
• Volunteer Application Form, with Resume & EOI/Cover letter
• Phone Interview with the CEO, HR or Designated Member
• Face to face interview or meeting
• National Police Check (CrimCheck)
• Working with Children Check (WWC-V) – If working with clients or children (Check with CEO)
• First Aid Certificate (FAC) – If required, mostly Project or Service leaders (Check with CEO)
All members of our Advisory Committee Members & Board Members are REQUIRED to undertake a Police Checks for security purposes. Having a disclosable record will likely not hinder your application, just advise us prior to undertaking your police check. We are a non-judgemental & non-discriminatory organisation.
What benefits are you entitled to as a Committee or Board Member:
- You are recognised as a member of an active NFP Incorporated Community Support Organisation
- Organisation Email address
- Voting rights and have an effective input to what the organisation does and does not do.
- The right to decide whether you would like to be an active or non-active member
- Invitations to other Social & Community Services Leadership training and events
- Discounted and or free training as available and requested
- To be able to lead projects or departments & empowered to succeed
Human Resources Team
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *. Others . Working with Children Check *.
10 hours (Minimum) - NegotiableGood for
- Centrelink Approved
- Skilled Volunteer
- Work Experience
- Accounting and Finance
- Companionship and Social Support
- Disability Support
- Fundraising and Events
- Governance, Board, Committee
- Mediation and Advocacy