- Location: Caringbah South NSW
- Category: Museums & Heritage
Type of work
- Disability Support
- Governance, Boards, & Committees
- Seniors & Aged Care
Typically a Tuesday of every second month, meeting held during the afternoon for approx 3 hours. Some additional workshops are also held
Induction and on the job training
- National Police Certificate *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Sutherland Shire Home Modifications and Maintenance Service Inc. (also known as Home Modification Solutions or HMS) is a not-for-profit organisation focused on home modifications and maintenance services to assist clients to live safely in their homes for longer. We support the philosophy of ‘Independent Living’ for the aged and disabled. We seek someone with skills & experience as an OT or a qualified professional carer to join our Board as a Non-Executive Director (NED).
The Service recently recruited new skills and refreshed 80% of the board. We now seek a Non-Executive Director (NED) with a background of experience as an Occupational Therapist or qualified professional carer to complement the existing Board member’s skills to contribute to the ongoing setting and oversight for the culture, strategy, risk management and positioning for the organisation.
The role requires the following attributes, as a minimum:
- You are passionate about helping the service grow and strengthen and you enjoy engaging with people & the community in general;
- You are committed to best-practice i.e. governance as a member of the Board;
- You have an appreciation for the responsibilities of a Board member;
- You have good knowledge or experience in this type of environment.
It important for HMS to gain a greater understanding of client’s need, increase client engagement and assist in evolving best practice for home modifications.
As NED Board member for HMS with involvement in the oversight of strategic goals and deliverables you will need to:
- Have extensive knowledge of the Occupational Therapist (OT) or qualified professional carer and client environment;
- Assist the Board in growing awareness of the community and OT needs;
- Assist in positioning the organisation to increase awareness and understanding of HMS service provision with our target market;
- Provide oversight and guidance to the Manager, wherever needed, to implement HMS and community strategies;
- Participate in community presentation networking events from time to time;
- Assist in developing strategies and solutions to support HMS policies and to meet organisational goals & objectives to serve the community.
A brief CV submitted demonstrating the above attributes would be useful for Board review.