- Location: Hughes ACT
- Category: Community Services
Type of work
- Governance, Boards, & Committees
- Research, Policy, & Analysis
- Writing & Editing
- Skilled Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
Regular - less than 6 months
Time requirements are negotiable and will vary depending on the project. We are seeking a commitment of up to 16 hours per week for certain projects.
On the job induction
- Previous senior executive in business sector, NFP association, or similar small business enterprise;
- Motivation to apply high level executive skills in NFP management role;
- Planning and task execution to realise business outcomes and goals of the Association;
- Working with a Committee or Board, and volunteers line staff;
- Experience of administration of a small office, and small diverse program;
- Experience of bookkeeping, accounting, office records maintenance, and governance administration
- Knowledge or family experience of hearing disability;
- Experience in NFP partnerships and collaboration in programs;
Better Hearing Australia (Canberra) is the small hearing support NFP association providing these services to the Canberra region. BHA Canberra is undergoing a challenging transition to a new management team, to new accommodation, and to a modern updated mission that better meet our clients’ needs in the new post-NDIS disability support environment.
We are seeking experienced executives to guide and manage our organisation in this transition, to establish and oversight a modern management regime, and manage the work of the organisation, its administration and governance functions.
These roles will set the pathway for the next decade of service to a rapidly increasing Seniors cohort that will experience hearing loss.
We envision the successful applicants will assist us with the tasks listed below, while becoming familiar with Better Hearing Australia (Canberra). The opportunity exists to transition into other executive or board positions within the organisation.
- Assist Chair and exec committee re-establish a new NFP office, set up systems, processes etc.;
- Assist Chair and exec committee to administer the existing work program (classes, member events, advocacy, membership service) and manage routine operations (bookkeeping, records admin, statutory and compliance reporting);
- Review the existing activity program and make its management system;
- Oversight the establishment and development of partnerships and business relationship;
- Undertake with the acquisition and administration of volunteers (new and established) into key tasks and positions;
- Work closely with strategic partners, especially other BHA national, BHA state and regional Branches, and COTA ACT;
- Represent BHA with Government and in the community, and with other partner organisations.