- Location: Hughes ACT
- Category: Community Services
Type of work
- Governance, Boards, & Committees
- Research, Policy, & Analysis
- Writing & Editing
- Skilled Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
Regular - less than 6 months
It is expected that the establishment stage will require a concerted effort over 6 weeks. Ongoing management tasks are expected to demand a commitment of up to 16 hrs per week
On the job induction
- Previous senior executive in business sector , NFP association, or similar small business enterprise;
- Motivation to apply high level executive skills in NFP management role;
-Planning, and task execution to realise business outcomes and goals of the Association;
- Working with a Committee or Board, and volunteers line staff;
? Experience of administration of a small office, and small diverse program;
? Experience of bookkeeping, accounting , office records maintenance, and governance administration
? Knowledge or family experience of hearing disability;
? Experience in NFP partnerships and collaboration in programs;
Better Hearing Australia (Canberra) is the small hearing support NFP association providing these services to the Canberra region. BHA Canberra is undergoing a challenging transition to a new management team, to new accommodation, and to a modern updated mission that better meet our clients’ needs in the new post-NDIS disability support environment .
We require an experienced executive to guide and manage our organisation in this transition, to establish and oversight a modern management regime, and manage the work of the organisation, its administration and governance functions.
This is a key role and will set the pathway for the next decade of service to a rapidly increasing Seniors cohort that will experience hearing loss.
- Assist Chair and exec committee re- establish a new NFP office, set up systems, processes etc.;
- Assist Chair and exec committee to administer the existing work program (classes, member events, advocacy, membership service,) and manage routine operations (bookkeeping, records admin, statutory and compliance reporting);
- Review the existing activity program and make its management system ;
- Oversight the establishment and development of partnerships and business relationship;
- Undertake with the acquisition and administration of volunteers (new and established ) into key tasks and positions;
- Work closely with strategic partners, especially other BHA national , BHA state and regional Branches, and COTA ACT;
- Represent BHA with Government and in the community, and with other partner organisations.