- Location: Gymea NSW
- Category: Migrant Services
Type of work
- Driving & Transportation
- People Learning English
Monday afternoons 3.00 pm - 6.00 pm (during school terms). Occasional driving during school holidays for community activities.
As identified in review meetings
- Driver's Licence (LR)
- National Police Certificate *
- Traffic Check *
- Working with Children Check *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Community spirited person to drive local refugee and migrant students to/from the Homework Club at Gymea on Monday afternoons from 3.00 pm to 6.00 pm (during school terms). Occasional driving during school holidays for community activities.
* Pick up and drop off bus from the depot
* Pick up and drop off students to and from the Homework Club
* Undertake orientation training with the individual transport organisations to meet their requirements
* Drive in a safe, legal manner
* Report any faults or issues with the bus
* Maintain any administration record keeping as required, including logs and record mileage sheets
* Ensure students get on/off the bus in a safe manner observing WH&S and safe practices, including wheelchair transfer and clients with mobility issues
* Must be willing to undertake a Police Check and Driving History Check as required
* Willing to participate in training/attend Volunteer meeting
* Understand and adhere to policies and procedures on issues such as client confidentiality, privacy, boundaries, Work Health & Safety and duty of care
* Report any client issues to the Homework Coordinator or Settlement and Multicultural Services Manager