- Location: Canterbury VIC
- Category: Seniors & Aged Care
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
Regular - more than 6 months
Thursdays 10.00am - 2.00pm. Additional hours available, for an earlier and later end time. Core hours are 10am-2.00pm.
Onsite induction and ongoing training/support will be provided in-house.
- National Police Certificate *
- Application Form
- Reference Checks
- Induction Session
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The Boroondara Volunteer Resource Centre is advertising this role on behalf of BASScare.
Do you have exceptional communication skills, empathy and understanding with some knowledge of Dementia? We are looking for someone who is available on Thursdays to assist with our Dementia Specific Program.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assist staff with in-house operations including setting up and clearing of meals and activities
- Help staff engage clients to participate in daily activities such as: games, puzzles, singing and arts/craft
- Provide support and engage in conversation with clients
Key Skills and Experience:
- Excellent Communication skills
- Empathy and understanding, with some knowledge of Dementia preferred
The volunteer will gain valuable experience working with older people in the community who have dementia or suffer from memory loss.
All volunteers are encouraged to apply.