About this opportunity
- Are you an approachable, warm and engaging person?
- Would you like to support young children to prepare and feel confident to start Kindergarten?
- Do you want to be a part of a welcoming and genuine school community who supports refugee and migrant families?
If you answered yes to these questions then we are looking for you!
Hubs are looking for School Readiness Assistants who can facilitate Transition to School sessions for children. Transition to School will operate weekly from a primary school to assist children to familiarise themselves with school culture, programs, facilities and classroom settings.
Additional duties include set up and pack down of classroom, prepare and organise activities, greet parents dropping off their children, and provide support children experiencing difficulties settling into transition classes as required.
Hubs are located within Bankstown, Cumberland and Parramatta, Blacktown and Fairfield areas. Times and days will vary across Hubs and are only during school terms.
National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
- Experience in early childhood and childcare services
- Experience or knowledge of formulating transition to school teaching principles
- Knowledge of early childhood needs and development
- Interest in arts, dance and music
- Previous experience working with people from diverse cultures
Times and days will vary across hubs and are only held during school terms. Attendance at a minimum of 2 sessions per fortnight.Suitable for
- Families with Children
- Skilled Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
- Education & Training
Volunteers will be provided with access to SSI’s flexible, extensive and innovative training program.Reimbursement
Volunteers will have access to reimbursement for all pre-approved expenses including reasonable travel expenses.