- Location: Roselands NSW
- Category: Other
Type of work
- Disability Support
- Sport & Physical Activity
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
1-4 hours per week Tues, Thurs or Fri in late afternoon/evening or Sat morning.
Mentoring from more experienced volunteers and staff Opportunities to attend relevant courses
- Working with Children Check *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
This organisation provides sporting and recreation opportunities to people with a disability. Our volunteers play an essential role in running and assisting with sports such as basketball, swimming and soccer. We are looking both for coaches to run activitities and helpers to assist our coaches. No formal experience needed - willingness to learn and genuine interest in people with a disability essential. Volunteers need to have a genuine interest in assisting those with disabilities.
All applicants must undergo a Working with Children Check (free for volunteers). This role would also be suitable for volunteers 14-18 years.
- Knowing that you are making a difference to the life of a person with a disability
- Experience in the disability sector relevant to potential employment
- Chance to practice and develop skills of organisation, teaching and coaching
Volunteering NSW’s Volunteer Referral Service assists individuals to find volunteer opportunities that match your interests, skills, location and time available to volunteer.
Be sure to provide a phone number on your Expression of Interest, so we can contact you without delay.
If this your first time volunteering or your first time volunteering in Australia you may wish to attend Volunteering NSW’s Bridge to Volunteering information seminar held every Friday to learn more about volunteering, how to choose the right volunteer job, the benefits of volunteering and your rights and responsibilities as a volunteer. Details on how to register for this seminar will be included on the email you receive when you Express Interest in this role.