- Location: Fairfield NSW
- Category: Migrant Services
Type of work
- Administration & Office Management
- Companionship & Social Support
- Driving & Transportation
- Tour Guides, Information, & Heritage
- Wheelchair Access
Regular - more than 6 months
1 day per week (3 month minimum)
Volunteers will be provided with access to SSI’s flexible, extensive and innovative training program.
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
• Proficiency in one or more of the following community languages: Arabic, Farsi or Tamil
• Ability to build rapport and trust with others
• An understanding of the challenges facing newly arrived refugees
• Problem solving skills
• Ability to remain calm under pressure
• Excellent communication and intercultural skills
• Ability to use public transport and navigate around Western Sydney
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Volunteers will have access to reimbursement for all preapproved expenses including reasonable travel expenses.
Do you speak Arabic, Farsi or Dari?
Are you able to remain calm under pressure?
Do you have a good understanding of the issues that newly arrived refugees face?
Are you compassionate and have excellent communication skills?
We are looking for you!
The Humanitarian Settlement Program (HSP) assists newly arrived refugees to develop the skills and knowledge they need to become self-reliant, independent and active members of our community. The Specialised and Intensive Services (SIS) team provides intensive support to eligible refugee and asylum seeker clients with complex and exceptional needs.
Specialised Community Support Assistants provide assistance to clients to attend medical appointments, community engagement activities and events. Volunteers will also offer language support, assist with phone calls to clients and assist with basic admin tasks.
If you require an adjustment during the application process please let us know.