- Location: New Town TAS
- Category: Animal Welfare
Type of work
- Arts, Craft, & Photography
- IT & Web Development
- Marketing, Media, & Communications
- Skilled Volunteers
Regular - more than 6 months
In general, we ask that volunteers commit to an ongoing volunteering period of at least three months. The creative role is task based, not hourly based. We ask that each creative volunteer complete 4 tasks per month, which can be completed on or off site.
Ten Lives provides Induction as well as training on Centre procedures and health and safety. Any marketing and communication training is on-the-job.
- National Police Certificate *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
As Tasmania's largest cat shelter we need to spread the word far and wide about what we do here at Ten Lives and showcase our kitties looking for their forever homes. If you've seen any of our stuff you'll know that our Marketing and Communications department of one does an amazing job, but he needs help!! We need creative people to help us produce social media content (cat video, anyone?) along with printed marketing materials. We need all types of creative skills – photography, videography, editing, graphic designing and writing – and work can be done in the Centre or virtually. The role is perfect for corporate volunteering, students or graduates.
Creative responsibilities are varied, depending on skill set. Our needs include:
• Taking video footage of cats
• Taking photos of cats
• Editing video footage
• Editing photos
• Editing website and Facebook content
• Designing graphics
• Writing content for website, newsletters, brochures etc
• Adhering to Ten Lives Workplace Health & Safety Policies and Procedures
To be successful you'll have:
• Creative skills as required (video/photo/editing/design/writing)
• Excellent interpersonal/communication skills
• Customer service mindset
• Ability to work well in a team and follow direction
• Attention to detail
• Commitment to animal welfare
• Police check
In return you'll gain:
• Hands-on creative and marketing experience
• Training and career pathway opportunities
• Knowledge of Ten Lives Cat Centre
• Being a part of a not-for-profit organisation making a huge difference to feline welfare in Tasmania.
This role provides an excellent opportunity to gain hands on creative and marketing experience as well as contribute to our cats finding their forever home. This is a great role for those interested in adding to their portfolio or who would like to give back to a cause close to their heart. Check out the Volunteer page of the Ten Lives website for more details.