- Location: Collingwood VIC
- Category: Community Services
Type of work
- Arts, Craft, & Photography
- Companionship & Social Support
- Education & Training
- Food Preparation & Service
- Sport & Physical Activity
- Centrelink Volunteers
- People Learning English
- Skilled Volunteers
- Travelling Volunteers
- Work Experience & Internships
Tuesday: 2:30 - 6:00 Wednesday: 2:00 - 6:00
Three hour training required.
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
We require a volunteer to work a minimum of 3.5 hours per week for a minimum of a school term (10 weeks). This is in order to build good rapport with the children and build a positive and healthy relationship.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
We will reimburse your National Police Check costs.
LiveWires relies on 12 volunteers to help run the program each week. We offer volunteers the opportunity to help give back to their local community by helping to build children's resilience and enhnace their learning and creativity. Volunteers will help with:
- preparing meals and delivering afternoon tea and dinners
- art and craft activities to support children's creative expression
- sport and recreational activities that teach children ball handling skills and learning through play
- personal coaching and support.
The program aims to supports the children by providing them with opportunities to regulate their emotions, feel safe and creates avenues for improved trust. We train volunteers in trauma-informed pratcice to ensure children are well cared for and looked after.
Children can from a variety of cultural and linguistic backgrounds and ATSI backgrounds.