- Location: Ballajura WA
- Category: Education & Training
Type of work
- Education & Training
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Wheelchair Access
Every Saturday morning 11am to 1pm. Tutors are required to be at campus 15 minutes prior to commencing each session.
All volunteers are required to attend an Induction session before commencing.
- Working with Children Check *
Volunteer tutors are required to attend each Saturday to ensure that our students are being supported in a consistent and regular manner. All volunteers must notify coordinators of any absence dates ahead of time to allow replacement tutors to be arranged.
We require our volunteers to commit to a period of at least 4 months to avoid unnecessary interruptions to our students' educational support. Please take this into consideration before completing an application.
All volunteers are asked to arrive on time to ensure the full benefit of each session for our students.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The SAIL Program is a completely volunteer-run, non-profit, secular organisation which provides free tutoring, mentoring and community services to the Sudanese Australian refugee community. At SAIL we are committed to excellence in volunteerism and to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children.
We are seeking dynamic, knowledgable volunteers to tutor our students and build positive relationships centred on a value of education. This role involves working with a designated student every Saturday, providing educational support and mentorship.
All applicants must:
• Be over the age of 16 to apply
• Hold a valid Working With Children Check
• Abide by our Child Protection Policy at all times
• Agree to and sign our Code of Conduct
• Attend mandatory induction and training sessions
• Volunteer for a minimum of 4 months
• Have a fluent understanding of the English language
Please note: Educational training is preferred, but not a requirement for this position.
We are a child safe organisation and promote a fair and inclusive environment with equal opportunities for all. All applications are welcome!