- Location: Elizabeth SA
- Category: Young People
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Tutoring & Coaching
Monday to Friday, during business hours. Hours vary from 3-15 hours per week, however hours are not guaranteed. The rostering of hours and days will be negotiated to meet the availability of the mentee, the volunteer and the needs of the service. Volunteer Mentors are required to make a commitment to one child or young person for a period of at least 12 months.
Attachment Theory training - Cultural and social sensitivity training - First Aid Certificate - Child Safe Environments – Our Community Response to Child Abuse and Neglect - Mandatory online driving course
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
Drivers Licence (C)
DCSI Child-related Employment Screening clearance.
National Police Check only required if DCSI check is more than 12 months since date of issue.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Mentoring is based on the development of a positive relationship between the child or young person and an adult. Through the mentoring relationship, they each make a commitment of time and energy to promote the young person’s personal, academic or career development and social, athletic or artistic growth. The Care Mentoring Program provides young people with adult support and role models who will assist young people to:
- Develop positive relationships.
- Develop trust
- Develop self confidence
- Receive honest feedback in a non-threatening manner
- Develop a feeling of being valued for oneself
- Have someone to turn to in a crisis
- Improve relationships within their family and community