- Location: Gold Coast Mc QLD
- Category: Mentoring & Advocacy
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Sport & Physical Activity
- Tutoring & Coaching
Regular - more than 6 months
Ability to attend: 1 Monthly Group Outing one Sunday per month 9am-3pm and mentoring catch ups (1-1.5hrs) once per month.
Before any engagement with Vinnies, volunteers must obtain a valid Police Check. This is done after initial interview with Vinnies. Once obtained, volunteers will go through an program induction before engaging with Vinnies.
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
- Minimum 12 month commitment
- Willingness to obtain a Valid Blue Card
- Ability to pass Screening and Suitability Checks.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
SENSE is a program run by young people (21-35), for young people, to create a vibrant community and support network where teenagers feel safe and valued. The program is designed to be fun, encouraging and based around building resilience through positive friendships and mentoring.
SENSE provides teenagers via monthly group outings: Sense Leaders organise group days out which create positive new experiences to increase mentees self-esteem and resilience, build emotional intelligence skills, and develop areas such as leadership and communication.