- Location: Epping VIC
- Category: Education & Training
- Centrelink Volunteers
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Travelling Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
2 hours per week, after school. Day & time to be negotiated.
All WCC volunteers have access to free training related to their volunteering activities.
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
* Interest and desire in assisting young people with their education
* Empathy for people with different life experiences
* Understanding of Whittlesea Community Connection’s mission to address disadvantage in the community, and to promote community participation.
* Ability to work within operational policies and maintain confidentiality
* Ability to work in a culturally appropriate way with both young people and parents
* An understanding of the refugee experience within Australia
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The volunteer tutor provides educational support after school hours to students from migrant and refugee backgrounds who attend local secondary schools in City of Whittlesea.
Whittlesea Community Connections is a Child Safe organisation and all volunteers will be required to under go a Working with Children Check and a National Police Check.
* Support the learning needs of students
* Assist with weekly homework tasks or assignments
* Develop positive relationships with young people on the program