About this opportunity
Give people the power to be online and use technology! Become a Digital Mentor today.
Everything is going online; without the skills to use technology, people are becoming more and more excluded from the modern world and all it has to offer. A digital mentor provides one-on-one support to help people learn about technology and use it confidently and safely.
As a Digital Mentor for this program, you will be supporting community members at our Leep in Lab.
You don’t need to be an IT whiz for this role- you just need an understanding of basic technology skills and some patience! You could be asked to help out on a phone, laptop, tablet or computer. You can improve lives by sharing your knowledge.
If you would like to express interest in this role, please provide your phone number when completing the online form.
National Police Certificate *.
• Verbal and written communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
• Understanding of technology, basic internet skills.
• Willingness to learn about digital inclusion and the community services sector
• No formal qualifications are required
• Reliability and ability to manage time effectively
• Patience, Confidentiality and respect for others
Weekly on Wed or Fri morning, 9:30am to 12:30pm, 3-6 months commitment.Suitable for
- Wheelchair Access
- Companionship & Social Support
- Disability Support
- Education & Training
- IT & Web Development
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Tutoring & Coaching
Training is provided.