- Location: Sydney NSW
- Category: Health
Type of work
- Counselling & Help Line
- Fundraising & Events
- Marketing, Media, & Communications
- Sport & Physical Activity
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
Regular - more than 6 months
3-4 hours /wk
1 hour induction
This is a working from home position so own computer, phone and internet is required
Mood Active is a small, not for profit association based in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney. We provide low-cost group exercise programs for people diagnosed with depression, anxiety and other mood disorders. Feedback from our participants is hugely positive – we make a real difference in people’s lives.
Mood Active is run by a friendly crew of volunteers, overseen by a management committee.
This role reports to the General Manager and would require min. 3-4 hours a week on average of your time, worked flexibly.
Key responsibilities include:
- Overseeing a small team of volunteers to achieve marketing targets. This includes setting direction, coaching and
developing the team and managing their performance.
- Develop annual marketing and events plan and track team performance against goals.
- Working with the HR Consultant to recruit additional volunteers as required.
Required: Successful track record and at least 5 years' experience in marketing Successful track record and at least 2 years' experience leading and motivating a team to achieve goals Experience in health or fitness industry, mental health, disabilities, not for profits etc Proactive and results driven Ability to work autonomously Strong planning and organising skills Excellent written and verbal communication skills A desire to help people in the field of mental health
Preferred: Successful track record and demonstrated experience in Event Management and Event Marketing