- Location: Across: Melbourne VIC, Sydney NSW
- Category: Community Services
Type of work
- Administration & Office Management
- Companionship & Social Support
- Counselling & Help Line
- Disability Support
- Education & Training
- Mediation & Advocacy
- Research, Policy, & Analysis
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Writing & Editing
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Families with Children
- Groups of 10 or more
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
Regular - more than 6 months
Minimum 10 hours per week, negotiable.
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
First Aid Certificate, or willing to gain.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Case managers provide information, advocacy and referral support that assist clients access available and relevant resources to attain their identified goals, thus promoting their physical & mental wellbeing and quality of life.
Case Managers should navigate with careful consideration of the client's individual, diverse and special needs, including aspirations, choices, expectations, motivations, preferences and values, and available resources, services and supports.
Key Areas of Accountability
• Conduct client screening and assessments (in home client assessments, if necessary) ensuring care, lifestyle & budget needs are met and maintained within care requirements and organisational guidelines. • Coordinate & allocate your case leaders, perform risk assessments and ensure compliance indicators are met. • Outline a schedule to assist clients access available and relevant resources and coordinate its implementation (care coordination) with the case leaders • Monitor and evaluate the process, and suggest optional/additional plans to improve upon client goals or expectations • Respond to emergency situations with the support of internal and external support services • Network & build relationships within the community, whilst maintaining a high level of service to your existing client base. • Participate in case management team meetings with internal stake holders like Program Development Coordinator, Business Coordinator, State Managers etc. • Maintain client files and statistical records including written reports, detailing the progress of client • Assist Service Coordinator with ongoing support for case leaders, social workers, psychologists etc.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
• Tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Community Services or Psychology or equivalent that is recognised in Australia is a must. • Previous experience delivering Assessment, reporting, monitoring and complex casework management is essential • Knowledge and understanding of Victorian care mandates and legislation • Good communication skills and the ability to work well with people from different backgrounds and at different levels. • The ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the clients. • Experience engaging reluctant families/ guardians and caregivers is highly regarded • Proficiency in MS Office suite or equivalent is necessary