- Location: Newtown VIC
- Category: Disability Services
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Disability Support
- Wheelchair Access
Regular - more than 6 months
Times are provided according to the chosen outing. All details are available from the agency.
Detailed induction with Experienced staff available to support you as a volunteer.
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
Have a caring and fun loving nature with a passion for supporting people!
- satisfactory completion of Police Check and working with Children’s Check, arranged through Encompass
- disability Workers Exclusion Scheme Check
- a caring and fun loving nature with a passion for supporting people!
- volunteer will need to arrange their own transport to the location of the activity for the day.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
As a volunteer with the Recreation and Travel program you will be supporting young adults with disabilities to actively participate in a range of fun and social activities on weekends. Activities will include going out for a meal, attending musical theatre or just hanging out having fun. We also go on weekend camps which supports our participants to increase their social independence and daily living skills away from their normal environment. It also establishes friendships along the way which is a great experience.
People from non-English speaking backgrounds, Indigenous Australians, or people who have a disability are encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer - Your Vision is Our Vision - whatever it takes.