- Location: Subiaco WA
- Category: Young People
Type of work
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Skilled Volunteers
- Travelling Volunteers
- Working with Children Check *
Must have sufficient amount of knowledge in the particular industry you wish to mentor.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The Got Absolute Potential (GAP) Program is for youth aged 13-18 who are struggling within the traditional schooling system and need mentoring and support. GAP thrives and facilitates youth’s re-engagement into society, and encourages their development of positive self-esteem by recognising and growing their own unique strengths and talents through a 10-week mentorship program.
Do you dream of having a career in social work? Are you looking for industry experience? Are you a wiz at networking and communications?
-95% of the job is showing up!
-Take the lead in supporting a young person through the consistency of an ongoing, one-to-one relationship
-Serve as a positive role model and friend
-Build the relationship by planning and participating in activities together
-Strive for mutual respect and good communication
-Build self-esteem and motivation in the mentoree
-Help set goals and work toward accomplishing them
Mentoring Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serve as a positive role model for learners
• Draw up action plans with learners outlining the aims of mentoring
• Assist learners in working through issues that are barriers to learning
• Build the self-esteem and self-confidence of the learners
• Monitor and record attendance and behaviour of learners in reports and evaluations
• Communicate with learner guardians
• PASSIONATE about having a tangible, positive impact in young people’s lives
• Proactive, productive & self-motivated
• Problem solving
• Empathy, kindness and integrity
• Ability to collaborate and work in a team
• Flexible and adaptable
• Organisational + time management skills
• Well-developed communicative skills (written and verbal)
Come volunteer at the Colosoul Group Inc. a non-for-profit media and arts training centre run entirely by a group of youth volunteers, in our new Subiaco-based office.
This is an unpaid, volunteer position. We require our volunteers to be available 2-3 days per week, from 10-3 or 11-4 (flexible).