- Location: Seventeen Mile Rocks QLD
- Category: Community Services
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
Thursday - 9am till 12 noon
Orientation and on the job training is provided.
- National Police Certificate *
Police Check paid for by Wesley Mission Queensland
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
As part of the Hand Care and Beauty Therapy Program, Share Your Time with Seniors Pamper Volunteers play a part of a multi-disciplinary team, working alongside and under the direction of Wesley Mission Queensland paid staff to spend time with our seniors:
• Providing gentle hand massages.
• Painting and manicuring nails.
• Initiating and encouraging friendly discussion and sharing of stories.
• Reporting any feedback or requests through to the workplace supervisor.
• Ensuring positive interactions with residents so they can maintain an enriched lifestyle.
Nail cutting is not involved in this role and all products utilised in this program are paid for and supplied by Wesley Mission Queensland.
This role is suitable for people who have well developed interpersonal skills and a caring and empathetic manner. It’s a great way to make a difference in the lives of our senior residents while making friends, having fun and learning new skills. Full training will be provided.
Volunteering time for this role is Thursday mornings between 9am until 12 noon approximately.
Jacobs Court is a welcoming and rewarding community to volunteer. You will meet many wonderful people and learn great new skills that may assist you both personally and professionally.
All checks are provided and paid for by Wesley Mission Queensland.
All applicants will be required to complete an online registration form which will be forwarded to them when their expression of interest is lodged with us.