- Location: Alexander Heights WA
- Category: Mentoring & Advocacy
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Disability Support
- Mediation & Advocacy
Regular - more than 6 months
We offer orientation and ongoing support.
- Driver's Licence (C)
- National Police Certificate *
Agency to pay for police certificate
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Lydia is a friendly lady in her 60s who now lives alone in Alexander Heights, her parents having died. She has a mild intellectual disability and is very capable in many ways but sometimes lacks confidence dealing with bureaucracy.
We are looking for warm, accepting lady to be there for Lydia offering reassurance if she gets anxious. The main role would be to attend occasional meetings or appointments with Lydia during the week in order to interpret any jargon used and provide reassurance. You might also encourage her to be as independent as possible. (She's a devoted Eagles fan, so if you are too, that would be a bonus but by no means a requirement!)