- Location: Bruce ACT
- Category: Health
Type of work
- Arts, Craft, & Photography
- Companionship & Social Support
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Skilled Volunteers
Regular - more than 6 months
Wednesdays, 1:30-4pm, weekly
- Working with Children Check *
Volunteers are required to have a current Working with Vulnerable People card, and meet the health requirements for working within a Hospital.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The Craft Group runs craft sessions on Wednesday afternoons and make a variety of craft, as well as provide social interaction and entertainment for patients.
Skills, Experience and Attributes:
* Good communication
* An interest in craft
* Empathy towards older people who are ill, have dementia or a mental health illness.
* Happy to do some occasional preparation at home (all materials are provided by Calvary)
* Volunteers must also demonstrate Calvary's values of Hospitality, Healing, Stewardship and Respect.
We ask for a minimum 12 month commitment to weekly volunteering. Volunteers are also required to hold a current Working with Vulnerable People card.
Successful volunteers will be trained, and oriented to the hospital and role. You will join a small team of existing volunteers, who brighten patient's Wednesday afternoons. The Volunteer Services Manager provides volunteers with ongoing support to undertake their role.