- Location: Port Macquarie NSW
- Category: Other
Type of work
- Retail & Sales
- Working with Animals
- Skilled Volunteers
Flexible days and shifts
Training will be provided to the successful volunteer applicant
Port Macquarie’s Koala Hospital not only treats sick and injured koalas but is also involved in research with University Sydney, University Technology Queensland and the Australian Museum into koala diseases.
The kiosk brings in almost a third of the annual funds needed to run the hospital and we are looking for additional customer service/sales people to join the Kiosk team, particularly for Friday and Saturday mornings. However, our shift requirements can change quickly so if you a keen to join us as a volunteer please forward your expression of interest highlighting your preferred days.
The key responsibilities of the Kiosk team are :
• Welcoming and engaging with visitors to the Koala Hospital
• Promoting merchandise and ultimately making sales
• Handling the till operations and balancing the float and takings at the end of the shift
• Keeping the kiosk tidy and well stocked
• Answering the phone and taking details of potential koala rescues and sightings
• Providing information and answering visitor queries.
If you have previous sales/customer service experience we would love to hear from you.