- Location: Parramatta NSW
- Category: Young People
Type of work
- Administration & Office Management
- Arts, Craft, & Photography
- Education & Training
- Fundraising & Events
- Trades & Maintenance
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Work Experience & Internships
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
1 meeting a week during school term, normally 1-2 hours and occasional planned activities on a weekend. ie. hiking, camping etc.
All training is provided. E-learning modules online and a practical weekend away to learn/refresh relevant outdoor skills.
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
Enjoy working with Children and young people.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
No remuneration. Training provided at no cost. Reimbursement of agreed expenses by committee.
Become a Scout Volunteer!
The aim of Scouting is to encourage the physical, intellectual, emotional, social and spiritual development of young people so that they take a constructive place in society as a member of their local, national and international community.
Volunteering with Scouts NSW gives you opportunities to:
- Encourage, mentor and empower young people to be their best
- Contribute to your local community
- Rediscover adventure in yourself
- Involve the whole family in a new adventure together
- Have fun
- Challenge yourself
- Get active
- Learn new skills
- Be appreciated
- Meet people with similar values
- Gain recognised Leadership and Management qualifications
- Travel within Australia and overseas.
There are hundreds of children taking part in Scouting activities every day and they need adult volunteer support to guide them along the way.
Adults members can become leaders in the different sections/age groups:
Joeys, aged 6 – 8 years old
Cubs, aged 7.5 – 11 years old
Scouts, aged 10.5 – 15 years old
Venturers, 14.5 – 18 years old
Rovers, 18 – 25 years old
Group Leader – manages the group, looks over the committee members and the different sections.
Committee Member – manages the internal functions of the Group i.e. finance, membership, hall hire maintenance etc.
Leaders are required to undergo a National Police Check and must have a valid NSW Working with Children Check.
There are Scout groups with vacancies in the Parramatta CBD and at North Parramatta who are looking for leaders and adult supporters. Supporter roles include Committee Chair, Treasurer, Secretary, Handyman, Fundraiser.