- Location: Rockingham WA
- Category: Community Services
Type of work
- IT & Web Development
- Marketing, Media, & Communications
- Writing & Editing
Please allow 5-10 hours per week for in person and online meeting and at home work.
- National Police Certificate *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
As a volunteer for the Australian Insulation Foundation, you will be working with W.A.’s first non-for-profit organisation focused on installing insulation in every home in Australia. We work with paid customers to install high quality insulation that in turn, funds our work with clients in government housing to provide them with insulation for free.
Without insulation, residents face high house maintenance costs for heating and cooling and are at higher risk of disease. Additionally, insulation lowers the impact of human housing on the environment, leading to a more sustainable future.
However, our organisation is also preparing to expand beyond the insulation market and into other products and services focused on creating more sustainably designed homes across Australian.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals with a passion for people and the environment. Our ideal candidate is creative, organised and passionate about making an impact.
As the Website Designer, you will be given an opportunity to bring your ideas to the design and awarded a high level of autonomy to perform your work. You will be part of a supportive team environment; eager to help you expand your skills and explore your own professional development.
This is a volunteer position. You will not receive remuneration of any kind for your work.
This role will maintain a requirement of 5 hours a week until website is complete, and then maintenance on request. Some flexibility can be given to students during stressful times in the semester and those seeking frequent hours will be provided other technical work.
Essential skills criteria:
- Build, maintain, protect and edit organisation’s website
- Creative abilities and technical skills to bring creative visions to fruition
- Ability to listen to the needs of the organisation to design a website that is both
functional and achieves the organisation’s purposes.
- An understanding of browser capabilities
- Web programming skills
- Ability to adapt as needs change over time
Desired, but non-essential criteria:
- Completed or currently undertaking a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Web Design or other equivalent education
- SEO knowledge
- Experience using programs such as Abode Photoshop and InDesign (or equivalent design programs)
Your role and responsibilities:
• Develop and design a functional website that meets the organisation’s goals and is designed with consideration to functionality and purpose.
• Develop site navigation by categorizing content and funnelling traffic through content.
• Develop site content and graphics by coordinating with Marketing Director and Graphic Designer to design images, icons, banners, audio enhancements and other requests
• Prepares site by installing and configuring server software, installing programming language using authoring and formatting tools, ensuring cross-platform compatibility and establishing links.
• Establishes locatability by registering with search engines.
• Upgrades site by updating content and graphics when provided or requested
• Monitor performance and results, identifying and evaluating improvement options, introducing new technology and maintaining links.
• Protect site by designing and installing security precautions.
• Maintain site appearance by developing and enforcing content and display standards and editing submissions.
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Provide information by collecting, analysing, and summarizing data and trends for the Board of Directors when requested
• Keep equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventive maintenance and calling for repairs.
• Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.