- Location: Glen Iris VIC
- Category: Other
Type of work
- Administration & Office Management
- Groups of 10 or more
2-3 hours per week commencing 1 July 2018. Hours are flexible but will include attendance at some weekend Group meetings.
- Working with Children Check *
- Application form
- Reference checks
- Induction session
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The Boroondara Volunteer Resource Centre is advertising this role on behalf of St. Oswald's Anglican Church.
Can you assist us with arranging meetings, preparing agendas and minutes, briefing papers and other associated correspondence?
This is an ideal opportunity for someone with an interest in social justice and advocacy. You will need to attend some weekend Group meetings and expect to provide assistance for 2-3 hours per week.
The St. Oswald’s Social Justice Group is an advocacy group of both Parishioners and other concerned members of the local community who consider and try to influence issues of importance at both a national and local level. Topics discussed at the Group range from poverty, homelessness, climate change, environmental protection to the local development plans. The Group meets monthly to discuss issues and progresses its concerns through discussions with Council and councillors, and local parliamentary representatives.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Arrange meetings and prepare Meeting Agendas
- Prepare Minutes and Actions
- Prepare briefing papers
- Some research into issues
- Prepare external correspondence
- Maintain records
Skills and Experience:
- General administrative experience
- Familiarity with MS Office programs
- An interest in social justice and advocacy
Induction and Training:
- Introductory discussions with the Social Justice Group Coordinator
- Induction session with the parish office and key members
- Introduction to the group/parish IT systems
- OH&S training relating to on-site working
- Helping to raise awareness of and addressing social justice issues
- Working with a group of people committed to social justice in the local community and across Australia
The role can be completed from home or any location.