- Location: Seville VIC
- Category: Community Services
Type of work
- Administration & Office Management
- Education & Training
- Fundraising & Events
- Marketing, Media, & Communications
- Writing & Editing
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- Work Experience & Internships
15 hours per week with flexibility for some evening work required.
Training will be given to the volunteer by their supervisor if required
- Driver's Licence (C)
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
This is a non paid position.
Voices of Women (VoW) is a not-for-profit Incorporated Association based in the Yarra Ranges, which is registered with Centrelink to provide Voluntary Work opportunities to volunteers seeking to meet their mutual obligation requirements.
We are seeking a volunteer to act as Program Coordinator for a new initiative that VoW is currently planning for the Yarra Ranges commencing towards the end of July. This role will be pivotal to its success.
The aim of VoW’s Local Democracy in Action Initiative is to offer information, learning opportunities and frameworks for thinking and planning through a series of workshops that will give women the tools they need to engage with all stages of participating in local Government in a confident and informed way.
The volunteer we are seeking will be required to:
1. Project manage VoW’s LDA initiative over a six month period
2. Attend all scheduled events to ensure the smooth operation of each workshop
3. Manage all social media, marketing and advertising requirements to promote the initiative
Hours of duty are 15 hours per week, with some after hours work required when attending workshops. Duties will commence on 1 July and complete on 31 December, 2018, under the guidance of a supervisor. A detailed position description and volunteer agreement will be provided prior to commencement. Security checks will be applied prior to starting.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and/or experience needed to assist us with our latest initiative for women in the Yarra Ranges, please contact us.