- Location: Canberra ACT
- Category: Sport
Type of work
- Disability Support
- Governance, Boards, & Committees
- Sport & Physical Activity
- Skilled Volunteers
Negotiable (Approx 1 - 2 hours per week ongoing) Minimum 1 year
Level 1 Certification
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Special Olympics is a global inclusion movement using sport, health, education and leadership programs every day around the world to end discrimination against and empower people with intellectual disabilities.
Special Olympics Australia works as a not-for-profit organisation that provides regular sports training, competition opportunities and development programs for people with an intellectual disability across Australia.
Special Olympics Australia is currently seeking a highly organised individual with previous experience in sport administration to become Club Manager to manage all coordination for the tenpin bowling teams.
The Tenpin Bowling Manager is responsible not only for coordinating communication within the sport participants, but also arranging trips to inter club competitions and assisting with arranging/running tenpin bowling competitions that are held in Canberra.
The ideal candidate will have strong relationship management skills and ability to motivate tenpin bowling players with intellectual disability.
• Experience in sports coaching and/or management
• Current Level 1 (or equivalent) Coaching Certificate in an SOA recognised sport
• Proven experience in effectively managing multiple stakeholders
• Current Class C driver’s license
• Knowledge of Special Olympics Australia and programs
Competencies / Skills required:
• Excellent organisational and communication skills
• Ability to be flexible and to improvise when needed
• Ability to inspire and motivate others to believe in the Special Olympics Mission
• Ability to work within set boundaries
• Well-developed interpersonal skills
• Understanding of relevant WH&S requirements
• Good time management skills
Minimum 1 year
Approximately 2 hours per week.
Must be available evenings and weekends.
Special Olympics Australia is a child safe organisation and conducts relevant checks as part of a volunteer screening.