- Location: Canberra ACT
- Category: Sport
Type of work
- Disability Support
- Governance, Boards, & Committees
- Sport & Physical Activity
- Skilled Volunteers
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Special Olympics is a global inclusion movement using sport, health, education and leadership programs every day around the world to end discrimination against and empower people with intellectual disabilities.
We are currently seeking a highly organised individual with previous experience in administration support to become the Club Sports Coordinator
The Club Sports Coordinator is responsible for planning, promoting, implementing, supervising and coordinating the Club Sports Calendar.
The role ensures that club training and competitions are organized according to the schedule, at a high standard and adhere to the SOA sports rules. The role will also provide required support and advice to sports specific coordinators within the club.
The ideal candidate will have sports management / development experience along with strong relationship building skills.
• Minimum of 2 years relevant experience in sports coaching and/or management
• Current Level 1 (or equivalent) Coaching Certificate in an SOA recognised sport
• Proven experience in effectively managing multiple stakeholders
• Current Class C driver’s license
• Previous experience in Club level sports program
Competencies / Skills required:
• Excellent organisational and communication skills
• Well-developed interpersonal skills
• Excellent time management ability
• Strong computer literacy and capability to maintain accurate records
Minimum 2 years
Approximately 2 hours per week and attendance at Club LT meetings which are held from 7:30pm to 9:30pm on the first Monday of each Month.
Must be available evenings and weekends.
Special Olympics Australia is a child safe organization and conducts relevant checks as part of a volunteer screening.